During the last months of the year, Germany is an extra popular travel-destination because of its Christmas markets. In Germany, Christmas is celebrated with a bit more passion than in most other European countries. The Germans simply love Christmas and this can be observed in the decorated streets, shops and even around touristic attractions.
Berlin's Christmas markets reflect its status as the nation's capital and as its largest city. It boasts a wide variety of locations dotted around the city as well as different styles of market. There are small markets for the local communities in the city, trendy designer markets and 'alternative' markets. Berlin has got it all! The 5 more popular markets in the city are as below,
1. Weihnachtszauber at the Gendarmenmarkt
2. Berliner Weihnachtszeit at Roten Rathaus
3. Wintertraum am Alexa (incl. fair)
4. Winterwelt am Potsdamer Platz
5. Weihnachtsmarkt am Gedächtniskirche